Wednesday 17 June 2009

Visit to London

Hello!

Me and Anders went to London at the weekend. Primarily to go shopping for a bridesmaid outfit for me for the wedding of one of my very best friends later in the summer. I got a dress, but i'm not sure it's "wedding-y" enough so I'm going to keep my eye out for other things. It is super cute though, so I'm not complaining!

We went to the Art Car Boot Sale on brick Lane on Sunday. I was really disappointed. We went last year and thought it was great... loads of artists, some pretty well-known ones, affordable pieces of artwork, some participatory pieces you could buy and so on. This year was the same. And that was actually the problem. I think it was a carbon copy of last year, to the extent that the same artists had stalls in the same places. It was so disappointing and felt like everything art shouldn't be... staid, samey, repetitious. The bright shining light however was the chance to see Peter Blake. he is one of my very favourite artist and all round inspirational pieces and even to see him sitting signing things in the hot sun with a shirt and braces on made it worth the trip for me.

Best thing about visiting was actually the chance to catch up with lots of friends. We saw all our old friends who have moved down from Notts and it made me realise just how much I miss them and how I'd really like to do that a lot more, and get to spend a lot more time with them.

Hope your weekend was fun too!

Bex

No comments: