Friday 2 July 2010

New obsession

Hi,

I've just started listening to a tune off the new LCD Soundsystem album and I'm obsessed with it already.

If I knew how to stream it on here I would... instead you can watch this performance from Jools Holland:



There's something really beautiful about this song, it's so fragile and open and then an amazing tune at the same time. It reminds me a bit of Hot Chip, but with a bit more confidence. There's something really compelling about the fact that it's being sung by a forty year old man with a slight paunch and his shirt untucked too. I really like the phrasing of the verses, the way the lyrics are like long sentences spread out over the melody. I feel like I've known this song forever and yet I want to play it all over again as soon as it finishes. In short, I'm a bit in love with this song. Shhh... don't tell Anders.

love Bex
x

No comments: